Riding a bike may be a tremendous experience, but for that you cannot deny the fact that a motorcycle is one of the most accident prone vehicles that ply on the roads. Naturally, motorcycle insurance packages are always on a higher side with high premiums. That is the reason if you are an owner of a motor bike, you need to make sure that you not only opt for a bike insurance package that is the cheapest but you should also make effort to reduce the cost of the motorcycle insurance that you have opted for. Let us discuss the ways to reduce the costs of your bike insurance package.
– Firstly, you need to check the size of the engine of your motor bike. The large will be the displacement; the higher will be the rate that you need to pay.
– Make sure that your motorcycle insurance company has classified your motor bike in a proper way. If you have sports bikes that are more expensive that the conventional ones then naturally their insurance cost will be on the higher side. That is the reason, the motorcycle insurance you are opting for is not putting your bike in the category of sports bike.
– Instead of opting for a first hand bike, it is better to choose a second hand bike. Bike Insurance companies take in to account the number of years since a motor bike has rolled out to determine the value of premium. The more is the number of years the lesser you pay and the newer the bike the more you will have to pay.
– Take part in MSF or Motorcycle Safety Foundation curriculums. This will drastically reduce the amount of premium you will have to pay for the more credible experience of riding a motor bike you gain on roads, the lower will be the motorcycle insurance premiums for you mainly for the discounts that are generally associated with the safety courses.
– Refrain from rash riding and over speeding or various other varieties of hooliganism that young bikers generally prefer. This include drunken riding, showing off heroics, not using a helmet and other types of activities that may cause injury to you or others in the road and damage to the vehicle. This is particularly applicable if you are young. Be sure to keep your riding records absolutely clean so that there is no accident history or jail term against your license.
– Avail whatever discounts from the motorcycle insurance that are applicable. This may include certificates of safety courses undertaken, membership cards of any motorbike association, and in case you have multiple motorbikes.
– Do not take just a few quotes. Shop around for as many quotes as possible. Do not stop look for a suitable bike insurance company till you come across the one which offers you the cheapest of all premiums with maximum coverage that will meet all your requirements.